Staff competency requirements
In order to ensure that all personnel taking part in Ocean Installer’s activities onshore and offshore are always fully able and prepared to do their tasks in a safe and efficient manner, we have in place stringent procedures. Through our HSEQ Competence Requirements and our related Familiarisation and Training Procedure, we make sure that all personnel are familiar with all routines, equipment and procedures relevant to their field of work and concrete tasks and responsibilities.
In order to minimise risk related to our activities, we conduct risk assessments at all relevant phases and levels of a project, and implement mitigating measures accordingly. Our goal is to reduce any risk to a level which is “As Low As Reasonably Practicable” (ALARP).
Our procedures for risk assessment imply that we:
- Systematically identify potential hazards to people, the environment and assets
- Analyse and evaluate risk
- Identify mitigation actions
Ocean Installer Department Managers are responsible for the identification and assessment of critical risks within their own area of responsibility, as well as the implementation of risk reducing measures.
HSEQ data management
In order to facilitate continuous improvement in the area of HSEQ, we need to have in-depth knowledge of our current performance. Therefore, we have in place especially designed procedures and systems for collection and handling of HSEQ data:
- We systematically collect and analyse data and follow-up on all HSEQ incidents, including near-misses and nonconformities.
- We have developed a comprehensive system that identifies and shares lessons learned throughout own and clients’ organisation.
The system covers all worksites were Ocean Installer personnel operate.